2018 District 5 Fall Baseball
Gold Division Rules
Managers shall contact the opposing manager prior to each game to verify time and location of the game.
Each team is shall supply two games balls for each game.
Each HOME team is responsible for supplying an umpire for each of their home games.
Eligible players are those that are 2017 Little League baseball age 9, 10, or 11.
Players that played in the Majors division during the spring season must play in the Gold division.
Games are set to begin after Labor Day and will end on October 28. This provides for a normal (Sat and Sun) schedule of 16 games. There are no playoffs. Managers that would like to play outside this season may contact other teams and schedule additional games.
Gold Division will follow the Little League Rule Book (“Green” Book) applying the Majors rules unless adjusted or clarified below.
- 12 Run Mercy rule after 4 innings.
- Pinch runner can be put in for the catcher after two outs. Pinch runner shall be the last player to get out.
- Minimum of six defensive outs per player and managers may do free substitution on defense.
- Continuous batting order WILL be used.
- A maximum of three Coaches are allowed during games. This includes the Manager.
- Drop third strike rule applies.
All bats must meet the Little League standard as of January 1, 2018. (USA Baseball Logo)
Ties are allowed. If time allows and the managers agree to play extra inning(s), then this is allowable as well.
All Managers and Coaches are expected to present an atmosphere of sportsmanship and instruction. If any manager is ejected from a game, he/she will be suspended for the remainder of that game and the next TWO played games. Any subsequent ejection will result in suspension for the remainder of the season.